Project of the Week: Hilton Cairo Nile Maadi

Cairo, Egypt. Image © Jack Krier / Unsplash
Our latest lavish Project of the Week is a striking twin tower development in Cairo, Egypt which will showcase a luxury Hilton Worldwide hotel.

The brainchild of Saudi Egyptian Developers (SED), the Nile Pearl project consists of two SED Nile Towers, one of which houses the five star Hilton Cairo Nile Maadi.

Luxurious location

Designed by Egyptian architects, Space Consultants, each skyscraper consists of 23 floors and is 72 m high, with the pair connected by a bridge.

The development is taking shape across an area of 10,000 sq m in Cairo’s luxurious Maadi suburb, directly overlooking Maadi Corniche. The site is less than 7 km from the city centre and 26 km from Cairo international airport.

Nile views

Hilton Cairo Nile Maadi will feature 255 spacious rooms and suites overlooking the River Nile. 

Wellness facilities will include Egypt’s first Hilton full-service Euforea Spa with a heated outdoor pool and 24 hour fitness centre.

Business provision

Working travellers will be able to use a business centre and state of the art meeting rooms with more than 1,400 sq m with natural daylight and latest audio visual equipment.

Plus an executive lounge will be open 24 hours serving executive rooms and suites guests all day beverages and light snacks.

Dining delights

Food and beverage venues will include a rooftop bar and a poolside snack bar called Tonic, serving light lunch and dinner along with a variety of beverages.

An onsite Lobby Lounge will be inspired by a Grand Salon. The versatile space will have an airy feel enhanced by water features and with theatrical elements such as a tea and pastry station and will offer a menu of simple, international dishes.

Elsewhere, the O’Nile open and flexible all day dining solution will showcase a live cooking experience for ethnic and authentic food and beverage choices. Plus Dayma will be an upscale Levantine dining experience blending local traditions with elegant style and cuisine. The central attraction will be an open kitchen with chefs preparing local meats and fish in the traditional style, and the venue will also offer a terrace with a shisha experience.

Estate benefits

Across the whole Nile Pearl estate there will be a therapeutic centre, sports facilities and a clubhouse. 

The other tower will house 190 residences. Hilton is on hand to provide hospitality packages for the Nile Pearl Towers units if residents wish to utilise them. The inhabitants will also receive a 20% discount on all services available at the hotel.

Project progress

The development was first announced in March 2015, at which point the delivery date was set as July 2017. The original construction deal was awarded to a joint venture comprising Arabtec, with a 55% share and SIAC responsible for the remaining 45%. The contract included civil works, architectural works, finishing works, MEP works and landscaping.

However in January 2021, one of the several delays to the project was caused by Arabtec entering bankruptcy. Nevertheless, opening is now scheduled for November this year.

SED CEO Mohamed El-Taher recently confirmed to Daily News Egypt that construction of Hilton Cairo Nile Maadi has been completed and all services have been delivered. He noted that the hotel’s total investments amount to approximately EGP 3.7bn.