Project of the Week: Florens Lake Resort & Spa

by | 27 Jul 2020 | Projects

Florens Lake Resort & Spa, a luxury eco-resort on the banks of a pristine Swiss lake due to open in 2022, is our new Project of the Week.

A collection of holiday apartments and suites is set to land on the shores of Lake Brienz, Switzerland in a few years’ time. Florens Lake Resort & Spa will offer guests an unparalleled lake experience, with a heavy focus on nature and sustainability. We take a look inside this exciting project.

Private lakefront paradise in the Swiss Alps

A distinctly contemporary take on the traditional Alpine resort is on its way, just ten minutes from the idyllic Swiss getaway of Interlaken. The area, known for its turquoise glacial lakes, will soon be home to a particularly exciting new hospitality project, Florens Lake Resort & Spa.

The resort is set to be the largest in the Swiss state of Bern upon its completion in Q2 2022 and will boast the prestige of a private lakefront location on the shores of the pristine Lake Brienz. Part of the Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch Unesco World Heritage Site, the resort will be overlooked by three giant peaks – the Eiger, the Mönch and the Jungfrau.

Inspired by local nature

The interior design of the 155-unit resort will take its cues from the surrounding palette of the Bernese Oberland. Neutral grey tones will shimmer with green and blue hues, a nod to the lakes and verdant mountainsides that surround the south-facing resort.

Located right in the heart of the country, the property embodies modern Swiss society and is both progressive and classic at the same time. Alpine structures can sometimes come across as clunky and heavy as they seek to make visitors feel comfortable and protected from the elements, but Florens Lake Resort & Spa takes a light-touch approach to its architectural execution, with pared-back facades and pale timber used for the walkways and shutters, giving the whole complex an air of casual modernity.

Apartments public and private

The hotel boasts a total of 155 units, many of which will be serviced holiday apartments.

49% of the private apartments are for sale, and the remaining 51% are to be managed as a permanent hospitality establishment. Interestingly, when the owners of the private apartments are away, these units can then be rented out and managed by the resort.

MORE NEWS

 

Recap: Hottest hotel openings in October 2020
City overview: Over 100 new hotel projects lined up for London [Infographic]
Four Seasons resort in Hawaii unveils plans for major revamp
Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid set to welcome guests next spring
Project in focus: Al Ghadeer Hotel Project, Abu Dhabi
Grand Universe Lucca, Autograph Collection to open in December
Project in focus: Nobu Residences Toronto
Buenos Aires Marriott Hotel starts welcoming guests [Construction Report]
Country overview: Indonesia to get over 23,000 new hotel rooms [Infographic]
Kimpton launches design-led hotels in Bangkok, Tokyo and Manchester
Project of the Week: Corinthia Meydan Beach Dubai
Mandarin Oriental, Munich reopens after ambitious revamp
Meliá signals commitment to expand in China despite Covid19
Four Seasons unveils sophomore property in San Francisco
Revealed: The world’s top five cities for hotel development
First Marriott hotel opens on popular Indonesian island of Batam [Construction Report]
Region overview: Over 2,000 new hotels to go live in the Americas [Construction Report]
The Unbound Collection expands in the US and China
Project in focus: Meliá Phuket Mai Khao
Music City welcomes the hotly anticipated Grand Hyatt Nashville

FIND HOTEL PROJECTS AND KEY DECISION-MAKERS

With the online database TOPHOTELCONSTUCTION you will have access to +6,000 hotel projects and all relevant decision-maker contacts.

LEARN MORE

Pin It on Pinterest