Region overview: DACH prepares to welcome 500 new hotels [Infographic]

by | 17 Mar 2021 | Projects

Vienna House R.evo Munich-Neuperlach is one of the largest ongoing hotel projects in the DACH region (Imagery: © Vienna House)

According to the TOPHOTELPROJECTS construction database, 502 hotel schemes are currently in the DACH region’s pipeline, with Germany accounting for the lion’s share of activity.

Our researchers report that 502 hotel projects with 75,401 keys are on the books throughout the DACH region, which spans Germany, Austria and Switzerland. We take a closer look at these ambitious plans – and highlight some of the most noteworthy openings.

Sustained growth in the DACH market

In 2021, a whopping 156 hotels with 20,588 keys will launch across the region, of which 54 are already in the pre-opening phase.

Another 108 projects are due for completion in 2022, while 86 more will follow in 2023. Looking further ahead, 152 more properties are on the cards for 2024 and beyond.

Of these 502 schemes, 80% will be in the four-star category, with the remaining 20% targeting the five-star sector.

Germany leads the way for hotel development

Germany will see by far the most growth – there are 357 hotels and 65,452 keys on its development slate at present.

Austria is the next busiest market, with 78 openings and 10,324 additional rooms being progressed in total. In Switzerland, 67 extra properties will bring 8,625 keys into play.

Exciting hotel openings coming up in the DACH region

Vienna House R.evo Munich-Neuperlach will bring a whole new hospitality experience to the Bavarian capital when it launches in Q2 2022. Designed by two Vienna-based firms, BWM Architekten und Partner and Delugan Meissl Associated Architects, this 607-key property will exhibit a unique vintage flair. It’ll boast a two-storey lobby, designed as an open space, with a reception, lounge, bar, restaurant, shop and co-working area.

All the way up in northern Germany, meanwhile, La Mariposa Überseequartier Hamburg Hafencity is gearing up to open in Q1 2021. The 420-room hotel has been designed by renowned architect Massimiliano Fuksas to wow guests and passers-by with its wave-like features. This property will be part of a vast new cruise terminal, complete with two berths for luxury liners and three other properties managed by Accor.

Over in Switzerland, the new Radisson Blu Hotel, Geneva will be strategically located between the city centre and the airport. An attractive business and conference hotel, it’ll offer 250 modern guestrooms and suites that embrace the brand’s dynamic new ‘BluPrint’ interior design scheme; a 350 sq m ballroom and eight meeting rooms will further bolster the offering. Its opening date has been set for Q3 2022.

Many TOPHOTELNEWS articles draw on exclusive information from the TOPHOTELPROJECTS construction database. This subscription-based product includes details of thousands of hotel projects around the world, along with the key decision-makers behind them. Please note, our data may differ from records held by other organisations. Generally, the database focuses on four- and five-star schemes of significant scale; tracks projects in either the vision, pre-planning, planning, under-construction, pre-opening or newly opened phase; and covers newbuilds, extensions, refurbishments and conversions.

Learn more

Related Articles

Pullman Khao Lak Resort opens its doors

Pullman Khao Lak Resort opens its doors

A 253-room newbuild resort occupying an attractive spot on the Andaman Coast in southern Thailand has started welcoming guests. Accor is celebrating the opening of Pullman Khao Lak Resort on Bang Muang Beach in the Phang Nga province of Thailand. The property fuses...

IHG signs Kimpton Koh Samui

IHG signs Kimpton Koh Samui

Hospitality giant IHG is expanding the footprint of the Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants brand in South-East Asia with the signing of Kimpton Koh Samui. Set to become the brand’s second hotel in Thailand, Kimpton Koh Samui’s impending launch will come hot on the heels...

FIND HOTEL PROJECTS AND KEY DECISION-MAKERS

With the online database TOPHOTELCONSTUCTION you will have access to +6,000 hotel projects and all relevant decision-maker contacts.

LEARN MORE

Pin It on Pinterest