New Generation of Hyatt Place Hotels Elevates Guest Experience and Increases Value for Owners
Hyatt Place, Hyatt’s upscale select service brand designed for business travelers, unveiled a new generation of hotels focused on three key areas: thoughtful design, driving value for World of Hyatt members and enhanced well-being experiences. The announcement signals a move that responds to guests’ and owners’ evolving needs, while building on the success of the Hyatt Place brand.
“The new generation of Hyatt Place hotels is intended to further strengthen the overall Hyatt Place portfolio and expand our opportunities to work with world-class developers and operators, while also providing flexibility and support to our existing owners,” said Jim Chu, global head of development and owner relations, Hyatt. “We are keeping the brand relevant and fresh by focusing on giving our guests more customization and control during their travels, developing deeper relationships with our World of Hyatt members and personalized well-being experiences for our guests. By evolving and elevating the brand’s offerings, we believe that we will create a best-in-class experience that will truly redefine the select service category, just as we did 12 years ago when we launched the Hyatt Place brand.”
True to its heritage as a consumer-driven brand committed to research and innovation, direct owner and guest input led us to reimagine the Hyatt Place product in order to create a differentiated and optimized guest experience that will redefine the select service segment in the following ways:
The Hyatt Place brand is evolving and elevating the in-hotel experience by emphasizing guest customization, control and connection:
- Guestroom Evolution: Guests have come to know and rely on the seamlessness and efficiency of Hyatt Place guestrooms. True to the brand’s commitment to research and constant innovation, the new Hyatt Place guestroom will evolve in a new, thoughtful way:
- Purposeful furniture designed to keep guests organized and productive
- Elements to promote well-being, including a premium mattress, blackout shades and warm-colored lighting to enhance sleep quality
- Distinct zones to sleep, work and relax, including the brand’s signature Cozy Corner.
- Bathroom Transformation: The Hyatt Place brand is responding to guests’ needs by redesigning the Hyatt Place bathroom to include a more generous vanity counter space for personal items, multidirectional lighting at the vanity to reduce shadows, more optimal distance between mirror and vanity for shaving or makeup application, and a walk in shower with footrest and larger shower amenity tray.
- Energized Lobby Experience: The Hyatt Place brand is reimagining the lobby experience to become an energizing intersection for guests looking to get out of their rooms; whether that means connecting, collaborating, socializing, or simply grabbing a coffee or drink on their own.
- Elevated Culinary Experience: The Hyatt Place brand is introducing a new dining experience with elevated culinary offerings that will exceed guests’ expectations by delivering a more compelling breakfast offering, a redesigned coffee bar and coffee program and an evening lounge with a cocktail and dinner menu focused on classic recipes or offerings with contemporary, regional ingredients.
World of Hyatt
The Hyatt Place brand is deepening guest relationships by strengthening the value proposition for its World of Hyatt community.
- Seamless, Early Check-In: World of Hyatt Explorist and Globalist members will be able to travel on their schedule with the option to check in when they want and how they want.
- Mobile Entry: The new generation of Hyatt Place hotels will be mobile entry capable giving World of Hyatt members even more check in and check out flexibility.
- Exclusive Well-being Benefits: Hyatt Place hotels are currently testing a number of app-based well-being collaborations that will roll out through 2018 and into 2019.
- Reimagined Breakfast: World of Hyatt members will be able to enjoy the newly reimagined breakfast for free at Hyatt Place hotels.
Well-being continues to be a powerful and growing movement, and it’s increasingly important to Hyatt Place guests who prioritize their well-being and who want to self-direct what well-being and fitness mean to them. Hyatt’s relationship with exhale®will inform unique well-being experiences and offerings at Hyatt Place hotels to help guests stay well while on the road:
- Exhale Video Content: Exhale video content offering branded fitness and mindfulness programs to inspire well-being in the rooms and on the road will be available in various durations and will be integrated into Hyatt’s mobile app.
- Exhale Privileges and Rates: Exhale will extend preferred privileges and rates to Hyatt Place guests in exhale markets.
- Enhanced Fitness Facilities: Leveraging the expertise of exhale, the new generation of Hyatt Place hotels will re-write their fitness and well-being environments to address the shifting demand for best-in-class fitness, relaxation and social connection.
- App-Based Well-Being Collaborations: Hyatt Place hotels will introduce a number of collaborations with well-being and fitness apps, including a bike sharing platform.
The new generation of Hyatt Place hotels is designed to drive the brand’s strategic plans to grow around the world. The Hyatt Place brand has grown by 75 percent over the last five years, and with more than 305 hotels open in more than 200 cities around the world, the brand continues to build a network that supports both corporate customers and transient guests.
― Best Stories for you ―