Guten tag, Deutschland: Super 8 by Wyndham plans six new hotels in Germany [Infographic]
(Photo: Super 8 by Wyndham)
Super 8 by Wyndham will expand its footprint in Germany, with the opening of new hotels in Hamburg, Berlin, Mainz, Koblenz and Augsburg by the end of 2021.
Super 8 by Wyndham, part of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts – the world’s largest hotel franchising company with approximately 9,200 hotels across more than 80 countries – announced plans to expand its footprint in Germany, with the opening of new hotels in Hamburg, Berlin, Mainz, Koblenz and Augsburg by the end of 2021, in addition to the recent launch of a new Super 8 by Wyndham hotel in Dresden.
Super 8 by Wyndham is one of the world’s largest economy hotel brands with nearly 2,900 hotels around the world. The brand is designed to elevate the economy hotel experience for the new generation of travellers with contemporary design, modern facilities, friendly service, and convenient locations.
The origin story
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts introduced Super 8 by Wyndham in Germany in 2016, in partnership with leading hotel management company Gorgeous Smiling Hotels GmbH, Grünwald. From two initial hotels in Munich, the two companies have continued to expand the brand in Freiburg, Oberhausen and recently in Dresden, with plans to reach 10 hotels and over 1,800 rooms by the end of 2021.
Christian Michel, Vice President Development Europe for Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, said: “We are extremely proud of the strong momentum of Super 8 by Wyndham in Germany. With a growing demand for more affordable accommodation, the brand’s expansion perfectly fits our ambition to make hotel travel possible for all. Gorgeous Smiling Hotels GmbH is a trusted and like-minded partner, and we are delighted to continue to grow Super 8 by Wyndham together in this important market.”
Heiko Grote, CEO of Gorgeous Smiling Hotels GmbH, added: “Whether it’s for a business trip or a weekend break, we know that today’s travellers look for a quality experience, but at an affordable price point – which is exactly what Super 8 by Wyndham stands for. We are delighted to further leverage the potential of this outstanding brand together with our partner Wyndham Hotels & Resorts and further expand the portfolio in the country.”
Hotels to keep an eye on
A recent opening included Super 8 by Wyndham Dresden, which opened its doors in June 2019 and boasts 176 stylish rooms.
Anticipated Super 8 by Wyndham hotels openings in Germany include:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Hamburg City: Less than a five-minute ride from the city centre, the hotel boasts 274 bright rooms with comfortable box-spring beds, walk-in showers, smart TVs and safes. Each room comes with a SmartKey, which enables guests to easily check-in and check out with their phones. The hotel is expected to open at the end of September 2019.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Mainz: The 216-room hotel will be located in the newly-developed urban area of Zollhafen with easy access to the famous old town with its half-timbered houses and medieval market squares. The hotel is set to open in early 2020.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Augsburg: Set in the medieval streets of one of the oldest cities in Germany, the new hotel will offer 154 well-appointed rooms with plenty of comfortable space to feel at home. The hotel is estimated to open by the end of 2020.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Berlin-Spandau: Set in the bustling capital of Berlin, the hotel is expected to open in 2021, and will feature 200 rooms with stylish amenities, an on-site breakfast restaurant with a live cooking station, a Dallmayr coffee shop as well as a 24/7 reception desk.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Koblenz: Situated on the rivers Moselle and Rhine, Koblenz is the perfect gateway to the Upper Middle Rhine Valley with its terraced vineyards and old castle ruins. The new property, set to open its doors in 2021, will feature 112 stylish rooms and a partially green facade.
Super 8 by Wyndham hotels in Germany and around the world participate in Wyndham Rewards, the award-winning loyalty programme of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, giving more than 77 million members globally generous points earning and redemption structure.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts’ presence in Germany, Austria and Switzerland includes over 100 hotels and 10 hotel brands, ranging from upper-upscale to economy.
According to the TOPHOTELCONSTRUCTION online database, 369 hotel projects are currently in the pipeline in Germany:
SHARE THE NEWS
[tweetshareinline tweet=”@Super8 by @WyndhamHotels will expand its footprint in #Germany, with the opening of new hotels in Hamburg, Berlin, Mainz, Koblenz and Augsburg by the end of 2021.” username=”tophotelnews”]