Country focus: Ramada by Wyndham works to expand footprint in India [Construction Report]
The Ramada by Wyndham Gandhidham Shinay in Gujarat will open in 2020.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts continues to capitalize on the rapidly growing mid-market hospitality segment India.
Ramada by Wyndham is one of the most recognizable hotel brands in the world, featuring 870 hotels spread throughout 60 countries. Now, the brand continues to grow its footprint in India thanks to the addition of four new properties in 2019, plus a pipeline that will have three new hotels added by 2020, located in key destinations such as Thiruvananthapuram and Aligarh.
For the unfamiliar, Ramada is a part of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, which ranks as the world’s largest hotel franchising company thanks to its roughly 9,200 hotels and 20 brands in 80 nations. This current expansion fits into the company’s plan to boost its footprint in India and the surrounding region, which also includes Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Nepal.
At present, Wyndham’s portfolio there includes 46 hotels and more than 4,100 rooms. Future plans will see the addition of 40 hotels and more than 5,000 new rooms by 2025, with a special focus on the growing mid-market hospitality segment in the area.
In addition to Ramada by Wyndham, the anticipated openings in the wider region will further expand the Ramada Encore, Howard Johnson and Days Hotels by Wyndham portfolio, whilst also introducing the Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Garden brands.
“The travel industry is gaining terrific momentum In India, with huge potential for the hospitality sector, particularly in the mid-market segment, and we are delighted to have such a strong representation in this exciting market,” said Panos Loupasis, Vice President of Development, Middle East, Eurasia & Africa, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. “Our latest openings and development plans further cement our commitment to India and the wider region and perfectly support our mission to make hotel travel possible for all.”
Recent Ramada Openings in India
To provide a clearer picture of what exactly that expansion effort looks like, here are three recent Ramada openings in India:
- Ramada by Wyndham Kapurthala: Located on the Jalandhar – Kapurthala highway near Pushpa Gujral Science City, the hotel is the first Ramada by Wyndham hotel in Kapurthala. This 69-key, amenity-rich hotel features comfortable guest rooms, a pool, health club, and expansive event space along with a restaurant, bar, and lounge. The hotel opened in March 2019.
- Ramada by Wyndham Bengaluru Yelahanka: The first Ramada by Wyndham hotel in Bengaluru, this 80-room hotel opened in May 2019. It is spread across five acres of landscaped gardens and offers multiple conference and leisure facilities, including a pool, spa and a fitness centre.
- Ramada by Wyndham Jaipur Jaisinghpura: Located away from the hustle and bustle of the city and a short drive from the Amber Fort & Palace, City Palace, Hawa Mahal, and Jantar Mantar, this 97-room contemporary hotel is the third Wyndham Hotels & Resorts property in Jaipur. Opened in June 2019, the hotel offers substantial meeting facilities, a gym, outdoor swimming pool and two restaurants.
Future Ramada Openings in India
And here are three future Ramada openings in India:
- Ramada by Wyndham Gandhidham Shinay: Situated in Gandhidham, the economic capital of the Kutch Region of Gujarat in West India, this new-construction hotel will feature 60 contemporary guest rooms, large meeting and banqueting facilities with lawns for outdoor events, on-site cafes and restaurants, a spa, fitness centre and an outdoor pool – as well as easy access to Kandla and Mundra ports. The hotel is expected to open in early 2020.
- Ramada by Wyndham Aligarh GT Road: Located in an important business centre of Uttar Pradesh in Central India, this 60-room new-construction hotel will offer well-appointed guest rooms, multiple meetings and events spaces, and a range of leisure facilities. The hotel will offer direct access to GT Road, connecting Aligarh with Delhi, and is expected to open in early 2020.
- Ramada by Wyndham Thiruvananthapuram: Situated in the capital city of the Southern Indian state of Kerala, the hotel is expected to open in early 2020, and will offer 108 well-appointed rooms, meeting and events facilities, three restaurants, a retail outlet, gym and a rooftop swimming pool. The hotel is a short drive from Trivandrum International Airport and the railway station, as well as main local attractions.
Let’s take a look at a few more projects in India:
You would like to know more about the upcoming hotel projects in India? Download our latest construction report with a detailed overview of the current project pipeline.
ABOUT THE CHAIN
[tweetshareinline tweet=”@WyndhamHotels continues to capitalize on the rapidly growing mid-market hospitality segment India.” username=”tophotelnews”]
best stories for you