Choice Hotels works to grow presence in Latin America and Spain
Choice Hotels International, Inc. has worked hard as of late to continue to expand its international footprint.
It’s a goal that the company presumably shares with most in hospitality space, as increased income and ease of travel has made the international hotel market one that it’s increasingly desirable to be part of. The profits are high as is the level of investment and operation.
Anyway, Choice Hotels International is looking to expand its own international footprint via a slate of as many as 40 hotel openings planned to have taken place by the end of this year in a pair of interesting and key markets, namely those being Latin America and Spain. What this looks like logistically involves introducing the first Choice Hotels brands in countries such as Spain and Colombia, as well as opening more hotels within other countries such as Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, and Panama. When all is said and done and the dust has finally cleared, experts say that Choice Hotels International will have added as many as 5,000 total rooms.
That’s a major expansion effort by any metric, let alone an international one within that market.
Let’s take a look now at some of the highlights of Choice Hotels International growth, by specifically taking a look at what’s happening in the countries where they are to be operating:
- Spain: 16 Ascend Hotel Collection properties were introduced through Choice Hotels’ recent alliance with Sercotel, a leading hotel operator and franchisor based in Spain. Another eight Ascend properties are expected to open before the end of the year.
- Brazil: Three Sleep Inn hotels and one Quality Inn hotel were opened by Atlantica Hotels, Choice Hotels’ master franchisee in Brazil. In addition, two Comfort hotels, one Clarion hotel and one Quality Suites hotel are expected to welcome guests by year end.
- Colombia: One Clarion hotel opened and two Ascend properties are expected to open in December, all through the Sercotel alliance.
- Mexico: Choice Hotels Mexico has opened two hotels under the Comfort and Sleep Inn brands. A Comfort Inn hotel is expected to open in December.
- Panama: An Ascend Hotel Collection property opened through Sercotel.
- Ecuador: Developer Real Hotels & Resorts opened an Ascend Hotel Collection property, their second in the country.
Here’s what company leadership has to say about the growth effort:
“We continue to expand and reach new markets all over the world- from Bogota, Colombia, and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, to Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Barcelona and Madrid, Spain,” said Mark Pearce, senior vice president, international division, Choice Hotels. “Our tremendous progress shows our international strategy is working. We continue to forge relationships with high-quality, multi-unit developers and operators for long-term agreements in strategic markets.”
― Related articles ―
― Best Stories for you ―